Saturday, March 03, 2007

Mild Mannered Husband Turns Killer

Apparently I could win a boring blog award. It's sad but true. I haven't much time to write these days and what I write isn't terribly exciting...obviously. So I had to come up with a shocking headline...which is true, by the way, but you'll have to read to the end of the story before I'll tell you what happened.

You see, in order for a blog to be interesting there needs to exist, at least, one or two of the following elements:

1. You must post regularly (haven't done that lately).
2. You need to be:

- controversial (I am not- I tend not to visit controversy either, so no link for ya)
- uproariously funny (sorry, haven't been on my game in that area lately, however, if you need a good laugh go visit "Fish In My Hair" absolutely guaranteed to make you get the Depends out)
- exhibiting excellent spiritual depth (since 'fresh flowers - the inspirational column' is in hibernation at the moment I'm not giving you that either...however, The Sacred Every Day and Holy Experience are sure to inspire you - and they are just really good writers)
- having a crisis occuring in which people are following your progress (don't have one, big change- yes, crisis - no...Carebear has that one happening and is inspiring many with her faith walk)
- sensational (my title is the best I could do on sensational)
- teaching something great on a regular basis (I Have To Say has great tutorials and various other interesting bits and pieces)

So there you have it folks...I'm just plain boring right now. Things should pick up after the move as I will certainly be on a huge learning curve with becoming a pastor/farmer's wife...guaranteed at least a few stories there.

oh yes, the murdering husband...

Last night as we sat having a rare, and blessedly quiet, conversation on our couch, Mickey came to visit. My husband and I have been eradicating Mickey and his family from our home for the last week. He's nice on TV but not pooping in my cupboards and on my towels. He may be cute but I want him dead! We waited quietly with broom and dustpan in hand. Sure enough he made a run for it. My fearless caveman chased him down, took aim and fired the dustpan at him with amazing speed and agility ending the encroaher's life on the spot. I cheered wildly, well, as wildly as I could with a sleeping baby in my arms. Another one bites the dust and that friends is as sensational as it gets!

That's our life right now, we get excited over dead rodents.

And yes, this template isn't inspiring so I need my techno friend CWG to hook me up with something flowery and get my links back and maybe all will be well! (That's a BIG hint! - you can track down his deep thoughts over at In Search of Truth)

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Love it, Lani! Love it all...this blog entry banishes all boredom. I'm so glad to be done with rodents.

(Well done, brother of mine!)

I just finished a post I'm quite proud of. Doesn't seem like a very spiritual comment for a spiritual subject, but I'll just leave it as I thought it. Have a good week!

andrew + camille said...

wow, freaky
i absolutely hate any and all things that creep and crawl and are nocturnal and nasty, so i have a ton of respect for that man of yours. *shiver*

good post!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention!

And that is the cutest baby girl! She (almost) makes me want another. :)