Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...
Wow, have we got a blizzard going or what! There were times today when we could barely see across the street. All my family is safe and cozy with me here under one roof and for that I am thankful! Not all our friends are so lucky...one of our friends' husband is stuck at Burger King for the night. The city is closed, no one is allowed out. People are stranded everywhere, it's quite something. I was glad to get home from work and then to see my precious girlie walk in the door with friends who decided to brave the weather.
Life is suddenly moving at a rapid pace. We're making decisions on where to live, when we'll move, what kind of crops we want to plant, what we'll move, what will stay here, what we will do with our house, how we'll educate our kids. It is all so HUGE!!!!!
Some bathroom jokes you can tell your kids (I made these up this morning, they're not really all that funny, but hey, I'll share them anyway!)
Be sure to get out of the tub before you pull the plug or you may feel a little drained!
Everytime I use the bathroom I feel so flushed!
Doing the dishes gives me such a sinking feeling!
AND my favorite blooper sign of the year: at FasGas on 20th street, "Give the gift of gas!"
Yes folks, cabin fever has set in and I am rambling on.
I am very blessed with things I have wanted for a long time coming my way in the last little while, the list includes but is not limited to:
1. My new sewing machine (a gift from my in-laws)
2. My new digital camera (a gift from my husband)
3. My french press coffee maker that is used exclusively for tea (a gift from my parents)
4. My not so new serger (my mom got a new one for Christmas so they fixed her old one and gave it to me)
5. The whole moving to a farm, my husband becoming a pastor and all that - beginning to get rather excited about it all - really and truly, a little bubble formed yesterday and it started to expand
Oh yeah, got tagged by Nathan over at Unedited Ravings for 5 things you probably don't know about me:
1. I pierced my ears (the second hole) myself with a big old darning needle and an ice cube.
2. I'm rather good at mimicking accents - to the point that some Texans didn't believe that I was from Canada and not Texas.
3. I've broken my nose twice.
4. I used to be a lifeguard and swimming instructor.
5. I have only worn a bikini once in my lifetime and will never do it again.
I'll tag anyone who wants to play