It's been a relatively calm week. In fact with only one major blow up in the last 6 weeks or so, it's almost felt like hope can rise. We're pretty sure some of our son's issues are seasonal but we don't have a firm diagnosis of that, we know winter is always bad. The other behaviours continue but an explosion free zone has been nice. I'm even painting the basement, filling in all the holes, covering the wreckage with the grace of paint and plaster. Hoping, hoping that we won't have to fill in a hole for a very long time. We used plywood to make the walls of the new bedroom in hopes that it will be harder to break.
Last week I took J and C to the city for an appointment. It turned out to be an excellent day. We managed to keep the jealousy monster in check, he managed to bend with changes of plans and expressed gratitude continually throughout the day.
Pieces of grace that are needed to continue to mend my fragile, broken heart...
- thankful that we were able to get where we needed to be at the right times despite all the driving around NOT finding where we wanted to go
- thankful for a son who wants to kill in an hour in the library instead of at an arcade
- thankful for my kids in general
- seeders in the field, sowing hope for abundance
-friends who come to visit
- godly young men
- my new kitchen table
- watching my daughter sew a quilt
- piles of fabric waiting to be sewn
- projects that work
- when a space becomes yours