If you need a lesson in patience, try playing the game Trouble with three children under 6. This is what you may encounter.
- lighting fast reflexes of a 2 year old who thinks it's his turn all the time and feels the need to pop the bubble at least three times with every turn
- having your hand squished as everyone 'helps' you with your turn
- a three year old wearing an oversized jacket who is more concerned with trying to pick off the cookie crumbs that have fallen in and around the game board then the game itself
- a 'helpful' almost six year old who wants to 'help' everyone with their turn
- continuously swatting small hands and arms out of the way so you can see what's going on because everyone is hovering
- a mom who has to move just about everyone's game pieces and remember whose turn it happens to be
All this while eating fresh fudge cookies - so it wasn't all bad. We even finished the game without anyone losing interest half way through. The almost six year old won.
They learned something about taking turns and counting at least. I think I might have a few more grey hairs.