Wednesday, January 04, 2006

moving diaries #2

I forget what day number I'm on now for this little moving diary. Days seem to either flow together or s t r e t c h. Still waiting for the bank to do its thing but everything else is in place to go on Friday. We're thinkin' we're just gonna have to take a leap of faith and make the move whether the bank's given the final okay or not due to Sam's surgery on Monday. Haven't got a clue what his recovery will be like and possession day is the 15th. Still gotta clean up this property before then AND move everything AND make Kelly's studio ready enough so he can teach in there (right now it's just a bare shell).

My dear husband should get an award or something for burning candles at both ends and in the middle. Juggling balls and not dropping any (so far anyway). I think he's going on pure adrenlin at the moment.

The kids are going a little crazy due to lack of routine, lack of anywhere to be because the house is full of boxes, lack of toys and lack of sane parents. Can't even do schoolwork cause I packed it all up!! Oh well, we can still read the few books that haven't made it into boxes yet. The computer and TV are getting a pretty good workout.

I'm hoping I've done the last load of laundry at this location but it seems to keep coming no matter what I do. Oh well.

I marvel at the women who came here to settle the prairies, travelling in covered wagons, sometimes pregnant, with only a skillet, a fire and one plate, mug and spoon per person. Guess washing dishes went pretty fast.

Actually got the kids to bed at normal times for the first time in probably a month! Yeah. Feels like I haven't sung to them or put them to bed without a breakdown (them or me) in weeks, that was nice. Gotta go call some loved ones who are heading to Cuba tomorrow. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: