Thursday, May 29, 2008

Exercise and eating

I have been complaining about my weight for quite some time now, as well as the fact that I am terribly unfit. On May 1 I quit whining and finally started doing something. I got an in-home walking video from Leslie Sansone's www.walkathome.com program. I really like it. Where we live the weather is extremely unpredictable and walking outside is not possible most days, this last month the wind would have levelled you!

My wonderful husband found an eating plan for me and ordered it. I find it difficult to fit into someone else's idea of what I should eat when but I've been trying to work with it. Why is it that following an eating plan is so much more expensive than eating the way I normally do? I really don't understand that. I was whining about the plan and he said you're either going to have to decide that you're doing it or not, it's up to you. Hmmmm so whining doesn't help eh? OK. The truth is, I feel better when I eat that way, my body likes it alot. My IBS likes it alot. On the days "off" I return to what I normally eat and I bloat and feel nastier. It's less work but maybe not so good for me.

The overall result for the month is that I've lost about 4-5 pounds. Not huge, mind-boggling results, but a start at least. I'm only trying to get rid of about 20-25 and get toned up, so maybe it's worth doing. I really do like my exercising part, it's great.

1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

good job! it's so hard to stick with something. I was watching Dr. Phil the other day and it was on body boot camp. He made a comment that really encouraged me and stuck. he said, "at first, it feels weird and unatural. but after you've been doing for some time (like eating right and excersising) if you DON"T do it, something feels like it's missing. you feel out of whack when you DON"T stay on your plan."
That really encouraged me because for the last year, I have worked out 3 to 4 times a week on average. There are weeks when I can't (joe's out of town or the schedule doens't let me) and it feels ODD! My body craves the running.....never thought I could say that "i'm offically an active person"

You are reprograming your body to want something else....keep on truckin;, knowing you're not alone on this journey of taking good care of the body/temple God has given you.

So what is the eating plan?