Friday, July 08, 2011

Marg's Cheesy Chicken

It's time to get the wheels of this blog rolling again and what better way than with an amazing chicken recipe from a dear lady!  The recipe is for the oven, however, since it was so hot this week, I stuck it in a crock pot on my deck (out of reach of the dogs) and it did pretty well - the only changes I made were that I didn't pre-cook the vegetables (I used both broccoli and asparagus because I didn't have enough of either one for the amount of people I was serving - it worked just fine) and it was juicier than the oven version, but that makes it into really nice gravy!

Saute chicken breasts in a little oil with some pepper.  (I added lemon pepper and some lemon-oregano grilling sauce to add to the lemony flavour)

steam 1 bunch of broccoli or asparagus

Mix together:
1 can cream of chicken soup (or mushroom)
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp lemon juice

Layer in casserole dish:

chicken, broccoli/asparagus, sauce and then sprinkle 1 cup of grated cheese on top (I like old for more zip)

Bake at 375 for 35-45 minutes.

Enjoy with oven roast potatoes (you can do those on the BBQ) and a fresh green salad with oil and vinegar dressing, we threw some stuffing on the side as well and you've got a wonderful feast to impress the family!

Enjoy

No comments: