We suspend all things on Fridays for five minutes of unedited writing in the community of writers at Lisa Jo's house. Want to join in? Hit that 5 minute Friday button and join the party.
If I want my dog to 'stay' I tell him, too. But how do I get my heart to stay? I want to stay focused on things above, not things down here like the scripture in Colossians 3 tells me to. I know that if my affections are stayed on Him, then there is joy in the journey....but how to get it to stay put?
- when barbed venom is coming out of that boys' mouth spewing all over
- when the finances look red, red and more red
- when the girl is sick and the medication she was given makes her more sick
- when I don't have answers to his questions
- when the dishes are piled up and two cupboards worth of stuff are in containers on my kitchen floor because the cupboard project is STILL not done
I need to hear His gentle voice telling me to stay, just be, don't work so hard to make things happen because you'll just wear yourself out with worry.
Just stay, here by my heart, resting in me, focused on my eyes.
Just. Stay. Still.
Just know that I AM GOD, and I've got this.
You can stay at peace, don't let that tail wag that dog. Just stay.
PLEASE, PLEASE, go HERE and enter the give-away...I would so like you to meet my friends Kelly and Audrey who are making these fabulous organic, eco-friendly, everything-free products! You will like it, I promise!