Monday, February 07, 2005

Progress Report #2

Saturday and Sunday were less traumatic days with some severe frustration but no meltdown. Today he had one but after all was over he and I had a good talk about it. I asked him if the anger got bigger or smaller when he broke his glasses, when he was throwing things, when he went to the bathroom, when he hid under my quilt rack. He could quickly identify which things made it grow bigger and which things made it grow smaller. So we were able to talk about making it smaller before it got out of control. Don't know if it will make a difference on the next round but it was an interesting conversation. On the weekend he managed to get himself to a 'quiet spot' before a break out occured several times. We've noticed that we're handling things a lot differently now, too. So these are great things in my book! If you have no idea what I'm talking about read Progress Report and Christopher, they'll clue you in.

No comments: