Monday, October 22, 2012

The Nasty Beasts {Day 22}

The scene outside my window this morning was inspiring to say the least.  Beautiful huge flakes of snow falling lazily to the ground and resting on the pine tree, not a breath of wind to disturb them.  Of course we turned on the Christmas music as we do on the first snow day every year.
This isn't my window but this is pretty close to this morning! :)

God designed me (and you) to be creative in some way.  The enemy of our souls would like to squash that in any way possible, unfortunately for me, it doesn't take much! :(

All that sneaky thief needs to do is remind me of my insecurities, fear of rejection, fear of success, my desperate need for affirmation.  Yeah, those things just suck the creative juice right out of you and stop you cold.  Can I get an AMEN?

So what do I do to get over this?

Honestly...

I'm not sure I've quite conquered those nasty beasts completely, but we're working on it.  The best way to combat lies is with the truth, this I know.  I know that I am accepted, loved and secure.  I do.  Unfortunately that didn't stop the onslaught of doubt that came in when I got the last rejection letter.  Am I really that weak?  Apparently, I'm not as secure as I'd like to be.

Tomorrow marks the beginning of my journey to Allume.  I'm about to throw myself into a situation that is WAY out of my comfort zone and I am so jazzed to do it.  I believe with all my heart that God has something for me in the midst of all those beautiful women.  There's something I can learn, treasures I am going to take home.  What they will be remains to be seen.

I will have the opportunity to rub shoulders with people who have tasted success in the writing world, publishers and others like me who are trying to work it out still.  The sweet part is the cheering each other on, loving Jesus together, seeing what these words of ours can do in a broken world.

My commitment to you (and to myself) is to not let rejection and insecurity get the upper hand this week.  I plan to be bold and courageous (I hope).  My fellow Canadian blogger friend Katherine wrote my thoughts out so beautifully, I encourage you to go read them at Just a Thought...I can hardly wait to meet her, because she is going to be looking for me...and I will be looking for her and you!

Update:  Just got this beautiful post in my e-mail and had to share it with you, because this is what I'm wrestling with!  Lisa Jo from Gypsy Mama - What if it isn't successful?

I'd love to hear how you fight against your insecurities and fears...let us spur one another on!!


This post is one in an ongoing series called {31 days of Uncommon Creativity}.  If you'd like to start back at the beginning you can do so by clicking here!  You can find a lot of other 31 day-ers over at Nesting Place. go check it out you may find some great stuff there that is just begging for you to read it!


*eucharisteo*
Grace * Thanksgiving * Joy

You will also find me on:
Facebook:  Lani Fast Wiens
Twitter:  @flowerlady77
Pinterest: lanireneewiens

1 comment:

Katharine said...

I can't wait to meet you my friend. All of our worth, safety, security and strength are in Him, and His life in us... It's going to b a fabulous weekend!!