Monday, October 29, 2012

Creativity is Good Theology (Day 29)


Don't you just love it that there isn't an end to the variety of ways you can express your creativity.

"Creativity is good theology."
- Ann Voskamp

Way back at the beginning of these 31 days I talked about God's creative genius.  It was the first thing He did that we have record of.  His creative juices flowed out of His love-satisfied self and produced this miracle we call home.  You and I and those lovely faces around your table are His doing.

I love it that the first appearance of the Holy Spirit resting on someone was two guys who where appointed to do all the interior decorating for the tabernacle.  That is such an amazing validation for the creative spirit.

God wired each of us so uniquely and there is room in this wide world for each of us to express it.  We don't need to get all jealous of someone else, there is room for your voice, there is room for mine.

Darren Rowse from ProBlogger reminded us that we need not compare ourselves to anyone else but ourselves.  Have we grown from where we were 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 years ago?

Last week I was reminded by Lisa Jo's blogpost that God has a very different definition of success than we do.  He just wants us to be obedient and faithful to what He's called us to do.

In order to be obedient and faithful to a calling, we first have to hear one.  Are you listening?  Do you understand the unique voice that the Creator of all things has asked you to do?  If not, lean in and listen, you may have to create a little space so you have time to hear.  As The Nester pointed out, if we are only getting creative sparks in the shower or the car pool line we are over-scheduled and need to find some white space, margins, so that God can have room to speak.

Right now I'm in a bit of flux.  I think I love to do too many things.  I love to write (obviously), but I also love the hands on type of creating with fabric and paper and ribbons.  I'm not quite sure how to combine the two.  In my schedule I need to find time for both things, because they both are life-giving to me.

This is where I'm going over the next few weeks...pondering, searching, leaning in to hear what He has to say about these things.  This blog is going to be taking new shape, probably moving to a different platform, maybe even getting a new name and focus.  I want to make sure that my message isn't muddied because of too many things, I want my voice to be clear.

Take time to be creative today...whatever your creative bent looks like.  You don't have to defend it, it has been given to you as a gift.  Enjoy it, sink into it and see what comes out.

Have a creative day!!


This post is one in an ongoing series called {31 days of Uncommon Creativity}.  If you'd like to start back at the beginning you can do so by clicking here!  You can find a lot of other 31 day-ers over at Nesting Place. go check it out you may find some great stuff there that is just begging for you to read it!


*eucharisteo*
Grace * Thanksgiving * Joy

You will also find me on:
Facebook:  Lani Fast Wiens
Twitter:  @flowerlady77
Pinterest: lanireneewiens


No comments: