Thursday, October 25, 2012

Five Minute Friday {Day 26} - VOICE

It's 5 Minute Friday and I am doing it live from the Allume Social!!!!  WOOT!


5 Minute Friday

VOICE

My voice.  What does it sound like?  You can't hear me hear on this screen.  You have no idea if I'm sad or happy or screaming at you.

Do I have something to say?

Yes, I think I do.

Do I know what it is?

No, not always.

But some days the heavens open up to me and God sweeps back a veil and there it is...something that I can hear from His voice that is just for me, like a freshly picked flower that needs to be shared.

So I share it with you.

My voice is a fresh flower picked for you by me, from Him so that you can hear His voice through mine.

Stop and listen, my prayer is that you will hear His voice speaking through mine and add your voice and together

and another will come, and another and together

we become a chorus and delicious song for the world to hear as we join our voices together.

One message...

one voice.

Together in community

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


What is 5 Minute Friday?

From the author of Five Minute Friday (FMF) Lisa Jo Baker:

So, here’s the skinny: every Friday for over a year hundreds of people join a kind of writing flash mob over here.


We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that I post here at 1 minute past midnight EST ever Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag#FiveMinuteFriday
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
It started because I’d been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And I figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing.
So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes.
Your words. This shared feast.


It’s easy to join in, just:
  1. Check what the prompt is on my blog.
  2. Write a post in only five minutes on that topic on your blog.
  3. Link over here and invite friends to join in.
  4. Select the permalink to your post {so not your blog url www.lisajobaker.com but your post url www.lisajobaker.com/2012/07/five-minute-friday-2/ }
  5. Using the linky tool at the bottom of my Five Minute Friday post enter your link.
  6. Your post will show up in our Five Minute Friday linky.
  7. Be sure and encourage the person who linked up before you!
Our most important requirement for participation: There’s really only one absolute, no ifs, ands or buts about it Five Minute Friday rule: you must visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.
Five Minute Friday

V

This post is one in an ongoing series called {31 days of Uncommon Creativity}.  If you'd like to start back at the beginning you can do so by clicking here!  You can find a lot of other 31 day-ers over at Nesting Place. go check it out you may find some great stuff there that is just begging for you to read it!


*eucharisteo*
Grace * Thanksgiving * Joy

You will also find me on:
Facebook:  Lani Fast Wiens
Twitter:  @flowerlady77
Pinterest: lanireneewiens

5 comments:

Lindsey V said...

This was beautiful when you read it and beautiful here! Glad we could be "link-up" buddies today!

BARBIE said...

I love that God speaks to me so that I can use my voice to share His love with others! Have a blessed weekend.

Denise said...

Nice post.

Lani - the flowerlady said...

Thanks for coming Over.!

Rebekah said...

Lovely. Stopped by from 5 min. Friday. I liked your visual on comparing the words from god as a fresh picked flower